Oct 6, 2010

Kim Christensen - My Little Ideas


Inspired by everything from tree bark to fashion photography, I think that living creatively and honoring beauty at every opportunity makes life more enjoyable.  But let's be real, we have to be practical too!  So, I create a various goods for natural, healing, and creative lifestyles that range from decorative to utilitarian, as well as sell quality vintage goods. I hope to celebrate unique and unusual textures, colors, patterns, and materials, as well as items that support sustainable lifestyle choices.  

I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease 1 year ago after years of health struggles. I believe I contracted Lyme the first time over 20 years ago, after attending a summer camp when I was 8 years old.   I struggle with increasingly troublesome health issues through my childhood, adolescence, and as a young adult. My second infection happened  4 years ago, which also went untreated and undiagnosed.   After finally receiving a proper diagnosis, I started a combination treatment of antibiotics and botanical medicines, and have already seen great improvements. I have been using my experience to raise awareness about Lyme and natural healing, sharing gluten-free, allergy-friendly recipes as well as tips for healthy living, Lyme information, and other sustainable lifestyle tips on my blog Affairs of Living.  I hope to continue empowering others to take control of their health and find ways to live well, despite struggles with health conditions. Although my journey with Lyme has been a struggle, in many ways I see it as a blessing - it has made me a stronger and more grounded individual, it has connected me with amazing and inspiring people, and it has allowed me to find new purpose and inspiration.  

Blog: Affairs of Living - http://www.affairsofliving.com
Etsy shop: My Little Ideas - http://www.etsy.com/shop/mylittleideas
Twitter: @eatingfreely
Contact: eatingfreely@gmail.com

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am going to buy at least 3 of your calendar cookbooks! One for me, one for my doctor and one for my brother who wants to learn to eat healthier.

I am going to find my wallet and do it right now!

Ashley said...

Took me a few days but I just purchased the cookbook calendars!